The Catawba Valley British Motor Club
Our members gather often to enjoy the many club sponsored events and social gatherings planned throughout the year. We regularly get together for drives with the gang or one of our fun weekend getaways! Many of our members also participate and compete in events sponsored by other Car Club's around the state.
• Euro Fest at the BMW plant in Greer SC
• MG's on the Green, sponsored by the Metrolina MG Car Club
• "The Gathering" show held at Shelton Vineyards, Dobson, NC
• Springtime in the Smokies, Townsend, TN
• Southern British Car Show in Chattanooga, TN
• The Autolawn Show in Hickory, NC
and many other local and not-so-local shows and events. We love to drive our cars and we find the excuse to get them out often.
We recently started gathering at coffee shops in the Hickory area on one Saturday a month for “Cars & Coffee.” We kick tires for a while, sip great beverages and then head out to explore in our British cars. Sometimes we have a destination in mind, sometimes we just let a destination find us. We have fun no matter what happens.
October 8th Drive:The Mt. Mitchell drive has been rescheuled for October 8. Meet at Smith Crossroads, Lenoir at 10:00. We'll head north from there taking the scenic route to Mt. Mitchell. We'll have lunch at the restaurant on the mountain. Cobbler is their speciality!